What payments do you accept?
We accept all major Credit Cards and PayPal.
Is the HT Feeder Light Legal in my State?
Hunting with an artificial light is legal in many states, especially those with feral animal problems. The list below was compiled for the 2018 hunting season, specifically for the use of after hours, artificial light, hunting of feral hogs. Many states listed as “NO”, allow hog hunting, just not at night.
WARNING! Laws and Hunting Regulations may change at any time, please verify with local governing authorities. We encourage you to observe all State and Local Game laws.
Alabama - YES
Alaska - N/A
Arizona - NO
Arkansas - YES (private land only)
California - YES (general season)
Colorado - YES
Connecticut - N/A
Delaware - N/A
Florida - YES (private land only)
Georgia - YES (private land only)
Hawaii - NO
Idaho - N/A
Illinois - NO
Indiana - YES (private land only)
Iowa - YES
Kansas - YES (your property only)
Kentucky - NO
Louisiana - YES
Maine - N/A
Maryland - N/A
Massachusetts - N/A
Michigan - YES (see regulations)
Minnesota - N/A
Mississippi - YES (private land only)
Missouri - N/A
Montana - N/A
Nebraska - N/A
Nevada - N/A
New Hampshire - NO
New Jersey - NO
New Mexico - NO
New York - N/A
North Carolina - YES
North Dakota - N/A
Ohio - YES (except during deer gun & black powder season)
Oklahoma - SPECIAL PERMIT ONLY
Oregon - NO
Pennsylvania - NO
Rhode Island - N/A
South Carolina - YES (no WMA lands)
South Dakota - N/A
Tennessee - SPECIAL PERMIT ONLY
Texas - YES
Utah - N/A
Vermont - N/A
Virginia - YES
Washington - N/A
West Virginia - NO
Wisconsin - YES
Wyoming - N/A
How many Lumens does the HT Feeder Light produce?
Below are the Harvest-Time feeder light output readings at maximum
brightness for each head. For total calculations multiply the Lux value by 2,
Since this light has “2 heads”.
Source - 12,000 Lux (x2)
6ft - 250 Lux (x2)
20yds - 10 Lux (x2)
20yds - 356 Lumen (45°focused beam est)
A Lux is defined as 1 lumen spread over a square meter (1
Lux equals 1 Lumen/m2), in other words - light intensity / brightness in a
given area. Some manufactures sell lights with a Lumen rating. While this is
not bad, it can be deceiving. For example, why is it possible to cearly see
with a quality brand white light at 100 lumens, while a lesser brand with a
rating of 1000 lumens, may be brighter, but harder to see. Another example. Why
is it a 200 lumen green LED will illuminate very well, but a red LED light of
equal value is less than 1/4 as bright? Intensity, brightness and the overall
ability to see are directly relative to the way the lumens are cast. This can
be best measured with Lux. Harvest-Time lights are built around the principle
that you should be able to "See" to shoot! Depth perception and body
angle are very important, especially with archery shots. You can rest assured
that you will have all the light you need to properly execute your shot.
What is the Optimal Settings for my HT Feeder Light?
Light settings may be adjusted to suit personal preferences or uses, however the dials on the bottom of the Motion Detector have been pre-set from the factory for optimal performance. All notes below are with the “white lens” of the motion detector oriented in the upright / skyward facing direction.
Far Left dial “SENSITIVITY” should be fully clockwise for maximum range (10yds) or place at 8-9 o’clock or 270° to reduce triggering by wind and small game.
Center dial “TIME” should be set to 3 o’clock or 90°. This will keep the light active for roughly 5 minutes after the last PIR (motion) trigger.
Far Right dial “LUX” should be set fully counter-clockwise. This prevents the PIR from triggering during daylight which can drain the battery. NOTE: For testing only, LUX dial can be turned fully clockwise which will trigger the PIR even in broad daylight. Always remember to turn back to counter-clockwise after testing.
The wire coming from the SOLAR PANEL, plugs directly in to the jack on the light box. Use the included brackets to mount solar panel vertically or horizontally, but facing the best sun (for most areas in the US, directly South to Southwest pointed toward the sky at a 45° angle, works best).
NOTE: When switch is First turned on, light will likely illuminate and stay on until no motion is sensed regardless of ambient lighting. After PIR sensor fails to sense movement for more than 7 min, light will cycle off and remain off until desired Lux setting is reached and PIR is activated.
Why does my HT Feeder Light look different than pictured?
We are truly grateful of your support for our Veteran owned company. We strive to produce what we feel is one of the best lights on the market. Each Light is assembled by hand and every function fully tested before shipment. Some light boxes may vary in color and shape from stock images, however core components and LED’s are all the same premium products.
What is the Warranty on my HT Feeder Light?
Your Harvest Time – Feeder Lights come with a 1 year from date of purchase, mfg warranty and a limited lifetime warranty against any workmanship defects.
Does the HT Feeder Light come with a battery?
At this time only the Ghost Gray Premium feeder light package comes with a battery. All Harvest-Time feeder lights are engineered to use a standard 12V 7AH sealed feeder battery w/ F2 or T2 terminals. Available from Swine-N-Tines or most sporting goods stores. Additionaly the light may be powered by a 12v lithium power pack.
If my Hogs are Feeder-Shy; will this light help?
Although the HT Feeder Light is hard for the swine to see, they can still see it to a certain degree. If you see the hogs are already feeder shy or wary of man-made objects, this light will not magically make them comfortable, however, given a few days to get used to the small change, your visitors should settle back into their normal routine. In our experience this only happens with extremely pressured hogs who are already schizophrenic (as we like to call them). We have seen on average, Less than 2 nights of altered behavior as opposed to “other lights” casing disruption in hog traffic for 2 weeks, and in some cases for up to 3 months.
What is the best way to mount my HT Economy Feeder Light?
Light can be bolted directly onto the feeder or tree using holes in the 2 attached aluminum straps
Light can be attached to tree using the enclosed belt. Note: Aluminum straps mentioned in (1.) Are attached with stand-offs that allow the belt to pass through
Solar panel must be mounted to the enclosed bent-angle brackets to maintain proper angle sun exposure. In the continental US, the panel should always be facing South – Southwest for optimum exposure.
Bent-angle brackets can be screwed directly to a feeder
Bent-angle brackets with the 8 inch strap attached, can be belted to a tree using the enclosed belt. Simply run belt around the entire upper part of the bent-angle brackets and secure snugly to tree.
What is the best way to mount my HT Premium Feeder Light?
- Light can be bolted directly onto the feeder or tree using holes in the 2 attached aluminum straps
- Light can be attached to tree using the enclosed belt. Note: Aluminum straps mentioned in (1.) Are attached with stand-offs that allow the belt to pass through
- Light can be mounted to a 2 inch pipe using the enclosed U-bolt. (2” PVC over T-Post works well for this option)
- Do not overtighten, the spacing of the straps allows light to securely grip the pipe
- Light can be laid on its back and mounted to a tripod using the enclosed aluminum tripod adapter using the 2 supplied thumb screws
- Swine-N-Tines offers a lithium battery that can be used to temporarily power the light.
- This battery is much lighter and should last at least one night
- The battery must be recharged using the included charger. Note: Lithium battery is NOT solar panel compatible.
- Swine-N-Tines offers a lithium battery that can be used to temporarily power the light.
Solar Panel Mounting
- Solar panel must be mounted to the enclosed bent-angle brackets to maintain proper angle sun exposure. In the continental US, the panel should always be facing South – Southwest for optimum exposure.
- Bent-angle brackets can be screwed directly to a feeder
- Bent-angle brackets can be mounted to 2 inch pipe using the enclosed 8 inch aluminum strap and U-bolt. (2” PVC over T-Post works well for this option)
- Bent-angle brackets with the 8 inch strap attached, can be belted to a tree using the enclosed belt. Simply run belt around the entire upper part of the bent-angle brackets and secure snugly to tree.
Permanent / Portable Mounting Instructions:
- Permanent PVC Over T-Post
- T Post
- 8 foot piece of 2 inch plastic pipe
- Cut a couple of notches on one end of the pipe
- Drive a T Post in leaving roughly 1” of spade above ground
- Slip the pipe over the post letting the notches rest on the spade to keep it from rotating
- This will index the post. You can then remove the pipe
- Attach the light with the U-bolt 7-9 ft above ground
- Attach the solar panel with the U-bolt above the light.
- Point the light toward the feeder and the solar panel towards the South – Southwest
- Slide the pipe back over the T Post making sure the spade enters the notches on the bottom of the pipe
- Portable Tri-Pod
- Medium to Heavy Duty tripod
- Supplied tripod adapter
- Attach supplied tripod adapter to straps on rear of light using the supplied thumb screws.
- Attach tripod shoe to tripod adapter using the camera screw supplied with your tripod.
- Aim lights and motion sensor toward hunting area.
- Portable Bucket
- 1 each 5 gallon bucket
- 1 each 7 foot piece of 2 inch plastic pipe
- 1 each 6 inch piece of 2 inch plastic pipe with a few ½ inch holes drilled in it
- 1 each 2 inch plastic pipe coupler
- 1 bag of quick set Cement
- Press 6 inch piece of pipe into coupler
- Fill bucket 6 inches deep with cement
- Push pipe with coupler into the cement to the bottom of the bucket, with coupler facing upwards
- Let cement set
- Cut 2" hole in center of bucket lid
- Attach light and solar panel to the 8 foot pipe as in above (permanent) mounting
- Position the bucket and install lid. Slide pipe through lid and press into the coupler.
- This system can easily be moved to be downwind of the feeder
- This system can also be moved from feeder to feeder.
- Note: Sanding or lightly grinding the outside lower end of PVC pipe, can aid in removal of pipe from coupler.
What if my HT Light looks dim, or my Battery dies?
If light does not illuminate at all, check connections to battery.
Make sure solar panel has a clear view of the Southern sky. If not, you should consider additional solar panels with a HT "Y" adapter.
Replace battery with one fully charged.
Turn power off. The battery will recharge in 1-2 days of sunlight (turn light back on when ready to use).
- A Harvest Time lithium battery can also be used
The lithium battery must be recharged using the included charger. Note: Lithium battery is NOT solar panel compatible.
Plug in the lithium battery into solar panel port (or internal port if equipped).
How do I care for my Damascus Steel Knife?
CLEAN IT PROMPTLY - Chances are you bought this knife to use it. That’s Awesome! Damascus steel is as functional as it is beautiful, so we support using and loving it! That said, it’s important to clean your blade quickly after each use. Leaving food or other organic materials on your knife can lead to rust. Cleanse with gentle dish soap and warm water, and promptly dry the blade with a soft cloth. Oiling a Damascus steel blade can give it a rich luster that will do justice to its natural pattern and add a protective layer to your investment. Take care to oil your steel blade after every use, or if decorative at least once per year.
STORAGE - It is best to store your knife in a dry area to avoid rust. As with any knife, please keep this tool out of reach or accessibility of children. Also, please note that storage in a sheath is not recommended, as the leather can collect moisture and cause rusting.
POLISH IT - Like any beautiful metal, Damascus steel looks even better when it’s polished. To polish, use a soft, non-abrasive polishing cloth. You can use a dab of whitening toothpaste to carefully polish the surface. Be sure to dry your Damascus steel knife quickly with a soft cloth so that no water is left on the surface. Like any metal, water on the surface of your Damascus steel can lead to rust.
SHARPEN - This steel will sharpen with multiple methods, so we recommend sticking with your normal sharpening method and routine.
Why does my SNT Knife have minor imperfections?
This is a hand-forged, hand-assembled and hand-finished custom knife. Due to this, there may be finish imperfections. The beauty of these knifes, is that no two are identical. Rest assured that this knife is built to last a lifetime and not break the bank.
How tough is my Damascus Steel Knife?
Your Damascus Steel knife is intended for skinning and efficiently cutting through soft tissue. If you are looking to cut bone or other dense materials, check out our survival and tool steel knives.
How do I care for my Tool Steel Knife?
CLEAN IT PROMPTLY - Chances are you bought this knife to use it. That’s Awesome! Premium Japanese steel is as functional as it is beautiful, so we support using and loving it! That said, it’s important to clean your blade after each use. Leaving food or other acidic materials on your knife can lead to finish issues, and in some cases rust. Cleanse with gentle dish soap and warm water, and promptly dry the blade with a soft cloth.
STORAGE - It is best to store your knife in a dry area to avoid finish issues. As with any knife, please keep this tool out of reach or accessibility of children. Also, please note that storage in a sheath is not recommended for long periods, as the leather can collect moisture which is not good for any knife.
SHARPEN - The Japanese steels used in your SNT Knife come from some of the world’s highest quality metals, but that doesn’t mean it is immune to dulling. Like any good knife or blade, your blade will need sharpening regularly depending on use. This steel will sharpen with multiple methods, so we recommend sticking with your normal sharpening method and routine.
Orders, Shipping & Returns
What payment methods are accepted?
Paypal or any major Credit Card is accepted..
Can I change or cancel an order after it has been placed?
If you would like to change or cancel your order,simply contact us as soon as possible. Our goal is to ship orders within 1 Business day of order receipt.
What is your Return Policy?
No Hassle Returns! Our goal is your complete satisfaction. If for any reason you are not satisified with your purchase in the first 30 days, please contact us immediately! We will send a label for free return shipping end do our very best to rectify the situation.
Note: We have made every effort to display product as accurately as possible, however, actual colors you see may vary slightly.
What is your expected shipping time?
For made to order items, such as paracord gear you can expect your product to be custom made & ship, within 7-10 days.